Renovating an important piece of Calgary's heritage.
The Deane House was built in 1906 and moved to its current location in 1936. Working with Fort Calgary, CANA completed abatement, selective demolition, renovations and a kitchen extension to accommodate a new restaurant tenant. The interior of the building underwent major alterations, resulting in restructuring the building.
CANA built two additions to the building: an entry way and a kitchen extension. The exterior façade was also fully rehabilitated. CANA also delivered extensive site works, a maintenance shop to store tools and equipment, and a flood wall.
The site works included a new water line and storm and sanitary lines to serve the property. As well, a plaza was constructed to provide a walking and sitting area for users around the site.
CANA also completed landscaping and exterior lighting around the historic Hunt House. This tiny log cabin was built between 1876 and 1881.